The Maldives is truly the perfect destination for a spectacular and luxurious holiday. There are a large number of resorts to choose from so you may have trouble deciding which one is right for you. Here are some helpful tips to help you choose the perfect resort for the perfect Maldives vacation.
- Set your budget. Maldives resorts can be very expensive so your budget will help you narrow down the list considerably. Keep in mind that an all-inclusive resort can cost less overall.
- Think about what you want to do in your Maldives vacation. Do you want to loosen the sugar on the white sand? Or are you kind of active in snorkeling through coral reefs or parasailing over the ocean? You will find activities at all resorts but some have better facilities than others. Some resorts, for example, are well-known for their in-house resorts which are great if you plan to dive. If you are planning to find an active Maldives vacation resort that offers a universal package so you do not have to pay a daily fee for your activities.
- Which package is most suitable. Once you have established your budget and your planned activities, you may want to consider the package that best suits you. Some / all activities). If you plan to travel to other islands and spend time outdoors, you should choose only a house or bed and breakfast. If you plan to stay active by the pool in the evening and have a few beers, an overall-package will probably cost overall cheaper.
- Accommodation. Most resorts offer a lot of accommodation so think about whether you would prefer a beach villa a few meters from the ocean or a water villa located in the middle of the sea. Water villas cannot be beaten for ultimate luxury. You will be able to look out of your window and see marine life swimming, of course this kind of luxury price comes
- Baby. If you travel with children, choose a resort with a children’s club to relax and enjoy your vacation.
- Men. If you want to spend a day exploring the capital of the country, check out if your resort offers day trips.
- Weather. The best time to visit the Maldives as far as the weather is concerned is between December and April. During these months you should see most hours of sunshine and a minimum amount of rain. Of course you shouldn’t be surprised that this is the most expensive time to travel this year!
- Romance. If you are planning a honeymoon in the Maldives, or just looking for a resort in any of the smaller islands that are more quiet and close a some larger islands seem to party more to them.